Johnnie: Siphon, Book 1
Random facts about Greg Tremblay
10 bits of random trivia, with Greg.
1) I actually studied acting in college, along with opera; but got a degree in
2) My recording booth itself is only 3’ x 5’ x 6’ . . . so when I read MM romance, I
go INTO the closet. Ironic, no?
3) It takes between 5 and 7 hours of total production time with the finished
manuscript to create 1 hour of final audio. Fiction Audio reads at about 9800
words per hour.
4) In addition to voice acting, I have been a Whale Watching guide, a Paramedic,
and a Farrier (shoeing horses)
5) I rarely, if ever, listen to a complete book again once the production is
finished. By the time I am done, I’ve read the book to myself, read it aloud,
and listened to it for editing… and I’m on to the next story.
6) Anguish is the easiest emotion for me to portray, because a well-written
script pulls you in, and it’s a completely one-person emotion – but it’s
draining. I have cried in the booth more than a few times. Comic passages
are the trickiest, because the proper timing and reaction between characters
7) I drink an average of 1.5 liters of water per hour, while recording. Average
recording sessions are 2-4 hours long between breaks.
8) As a kid, I lived with my family on a sailboat for a year.
9) My personal record for most distinct voices in a single book is 73
10) Coffee, Dairy and Alcohol are all bad for the voice. . . which means I have to
moderate some of life’s greatest pleasures. (not eliminate tho, I’m not crazy)